Please yell if you are paying attention!

Playwright Edward Albee once said, "Why would anybody want to spend a bunch of money to sit down in the theater and have nothing happen to them? I don't understand why they'd want to go and have a safe, pleasant experience which they can forget about as soon as they leave the theater. What a waste of this powerful thing called life."

This is exactly why I have loved seeing the Blue Man Group perform on past occasions, and why, of all the performances I could have seen this afternoon, I chose to see them in their New York City theater.

The entire performance is a treat for the senses! The energy and humor and intensity is absolutely amazing, and even the bits I'd seen before in Boston five years ago or their Complex Rock Tour a couple of summers ago were still fresh and fun to watch. It's so intriguing to watch performers convey their emotions and thoughts without a single word, and use the oddest items to create music.

Even after the show, they maintain the intrigue. The Blue Men come out to the lobby and mingle with the crowd, posing for photos and signing "autographs" with a smear of blue paint, and still never say a word. Amazing ...simply amazing!

(And I forgot to mention this...I got to sit in the third row, part of the section labeled the "poncho section"! Blue Man is awesome, but up close and personal is even better!)

Where I am: New Brunswick, NJ
What I'm reading: Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer

Comments

Anonymous said…
AUGH!!!!!!!!!! I'm paying attention. I heart the Blue Man Group too.

Popular Posts