A favorite song...

Since I've gotten back from Pennsylvania, life has been quiet...lots of work, not much else. So I've not had much to write about. But since I feel remiss for not writing, I thought I'd share the lyrics to one of my favorite songs on Faith Hill's "Fireflies" album. It's called, "You Stay With Me."

"TV flashes down the hall, painting pictures on the wall,
and you're still sleeping on my knees.
And in the glow of silver light,
I trace the lines above your eyes -
just another wrinkle you can blame on me.

But I can hear the current of the freeway in the distance
if I keep listening, and I wonder if you've ever thought
of streaming off somewhere with it.
Am I not what you thought?
Will you get tired of what you got?

If I can't give you anymore
than weathered ships and distant shores,
would you still be my compass?
'Cause you keep loving me the same.
I don't know how, but you still stay with me, baby.
You stay with me, baby.

Another day, another week,
we'll slip back in old routines,
'til nights like these come in between.
Simple moments in the dark,
ones that life can't tear apart -
they come along just when we need.

And I still hear the current of the freeway
in the distance, but I stop listening.
'Cause I know you'll stay
even though the waves are always shifting.
We're fighting our way through.
I guess I always knew -

If I can't give you anymore
than weathered ships and distant shores,
would you still be my compass?
'Cause you keep loving me the same,
I don't know how but you still stay with me, baby.
You stay with me baby."

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Comments

Popular Posts