Do I have to be a grown-up again?

I have not worked in twelve days...that's right, twelve days! That in itself would be a good vacation. Then consider that I spent ten of those days at Mom and Dad's, where I had the option to be as lazy as I wanted, with no obligations or responsibilities whatsoever. That, my friends, is pure luxury! Not that I was a complete bum...I got TONS of scrapbooking done (and am so much more caught up than I was before the holidays!), spent lots of quality time with the parents and extended family, helped Mom select furniture/decor/paint colors/fabrics etc. for the new house, did some sewing ("played on the sewing machine" might be more appropriate), spent lots of time with the pets, and so on. But just knowing that every day was completely mine was heavenly...I didn't set my alarm clock once. Not once!

But tomorrow morning, all that changes...tomorrow morning, the alarm clock will ring, and it's back to work for me. A little part of me wishes I could stay on vacation forever. I'd get so much done! At the same time, though, I think I'm ready to go back to work. After twelve days of luxurious relaxation, I feel refreshed...rejuvenated...ready to conquer the world, or at least my little corner. Something about being at home has left me in this amazing mood, where I feel like nothing matters but making the most of each day, no matter what may lie in store. (Although wagers are currently being accepted on just how long this euphoria will last back in the real world...any takers?)

And oh yeah...HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Here's wishing everyone a fantastic 2006, full of opportunity, challenge and memories! What will you do with this new year?

Where I am: Lancaster, PA

Comments

Dan said…
I'm right there with you! I haven't been to work since 12/22 and am DREADING waking up tomorrow morning!!

Popular Posts