The trip that almost wasn't...

...so in just a few short hours, I will be on a plane bound for San Diego. Well, actually, the plane lands in Phoenix...but then I get on another plane, and that takes me to San Diego, where I get to spend the weekend with a dear friend whom I have known for fourteen years. Yes, fourteen years. That's a long time! But you know what's really amazing? We haven't actually seen each other in ten years...for the past ten years, we've relied solely on the phone, letters and emails. Pretty cool, if you ask me. (Which you didn't, but I'm telling anyways.)

But oh my gosh, it's been the biggest headache planning this trip. I was supposed to go last week, but had to cancel because his leave was cancelled. Then, we had made arrangements for this week, but it took forever to find out if he could be off this week...in fact, I didn't even have a plane ticket until about 7 last night. For someone who really is an obsessive organizer and planner, this kind of spontaneity is not natural, and not very well received.

But I got the ticket, I packed my bags, and it's away to San Diego I go...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Enjoy! Take lots of pictures! And come back with fantastic stories!! We'll miss you. (Not that I've haven't seen you a year or anything...we won't count that.) Have a fun!

Popular Posts