Completely baffled, and highly amused

Apparently, a certain someone forgot to tell the Department of Defense that he got a divorce. That, or it's taking a REALLY long time for that paperwork to be processed. Because this evening, there was a letter sitting in my mailbox from the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (oooooo!), that reads:

"Dear Mrs. Duval - You have been selected to participate in the Survey of Reserve Component Spouses...The survey will provide important information about attitudes and perceptions of military life, as well as assist in improving policies and programs that benefit military spouses and their families."

That's right. The Department of Defense would like to know what my life as a military spouse is like. Oh, the fun I could have with this!! Even better, there's a brochure that answers FAQ's about this survey, including this question: "How did you pick me?". According to this brochure,

"We [the DOD] use well-established, scientific procedures to select a sample that represents the military community."

So apparently, the scientific people and the record-keeping people don't communicate. That, or someone in the DOD has a bad sense of humor. Either way, I'm so taking this survey...and totally looking forward to the comments section, so I can enlighten these genius people.

Where I am: Home

Comments

Anonymous said…
I discovered later that I have that alumni from Stanford's phone number (and her AIM name)...

I'll send you an email later to your PSP account with all the information. :)

Popular Posts