Let the holidays begin!

I love October! For me, it's the official start of the holiday season...first Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Year's, then Valentine's Day, then St Patrick's Day, then Easter...you get the idea. Basically, between now and April, there's a holiday every month to celebrate and decorate for and enjoy.

This weekend, I broke out the Halloween decorations...the black cats, the jack-o-lanterns, the Harvest Spice candles...fun, fun, fun! Even better, I found a pumpkin patch! Not the true pumpkin patches, unfortunately, where they're growing on the vines, but the type of patch that crops up in front of a church about this time of year, always has a huge selection, and makes me feel like the money's going toward a better place than the local WalMart. It was a tough decision, picking out just the right ones...even more difficult because I kept getting distracted by all the cute kiddos who were playing amongst the stacks of orange globes in their adorable picked-for-the-day outfits while having their pictures taken by the parents following closely behind. But I finally found two beautiful pumpkins to sit in my living room...at some point, I'll even get around to taking pictures to show you how pretty they are.

And I was in such a holiday mood that I even baked a pumpkin pie when I got home from the beach yesterday. (Yes, the beach...in October. Texas actually rocks like that. Don't be jealous.) So a big woo-hoo! The holidays are here, and I'm ready!

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Frankenstein: City of Night by Dean Koontz

Comments

Popular Posts