This and that

Snippets of fun and goodness from the past week...

  • It takes just one nice, helpful person to make the difficult people easier to work with. So I'd like to say a special thank-you to the wonderful woman at NYU who was kind enough to answer all of my questions.


  • I'm going to see the theatrical production of Phantom of the Opera that is in town this month! It took me a while to pick a seat, because I've never been to this particular theater...but it's not in the last row, and it's not the seat next to a wall. That works for me!


  • This quote from Florida's Emergency Management Director, discussing the need for residents to be prepared for Hurricane Dennis, amused me: "Reality in Florida, we have a hurricane problem. If you didn't know it from last year, and if you haven't gotten it from these four tropical storms, I don't know what it's going to take." Honestly, if people don't realize by now that living in Florida means living with hurricanes, where have they been?!


  • I got one of my favorite pairs of shoes repaired! I have this beautiful pair of Dr. Scholl's with seashells painted on them, but I hadn't been able to wear them in almost a year because the soles needed to be replaced. I finally had them done, and now I can wear them again...yay!!


  • And to top it all off, only one more week until I can see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"!!
Where I am: home
What I'm reading: Learning to Fall by Philip Simmons and Seals in the Wild by Fred Bruemmer

Comments

Popular Posts