No more droogs, please!

It's very rare that I don't finish a book. Even if I don't like it, I'll finish it because you never know...the last paragraph could make the entire book worth it. But "A Clockwork Orange" was just too much. I spent so much time trying to figure out what the narrator was saying that I know I missed the depth and breadth of the story. This was even more frustrating when the author could have said what he did in so much simpler terms...it's sex, violence, drinking, gangs and truancy.

So I stopped reading it. I wanted very badly to finish it, because it's a classic, and I felt I should. I just couldn't, though...books are my way to relax, and struggling to comprehend what a sentence says is not relaxing. So if anyone knows how it ends, and can explain it in plain English, I would love to be enlightened.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: State of Fear by Michael Crichton (in English, thank goodness!)

Comments

Popular Posts