Random music notes...

...in the car on the way home from Austin on Monday night, I finally heard the song "Come Back to Texas," by Bowling for Soup. It was hilarious...and the perfect example of how proud Texans are of their state.

...on the same drive, I also heard the new song by the Backstreet Boys. Yes, "Backstreet's back". The DJ was loving the song, but it just didn't do anything for me. They sounded like they were trying too hard. Bleh...I was never a die-hard BSB fan anyways, but the idea of them making a comeback seems a little too ridiculous.

...watching TV this afternoon, I saw a commercial for Rob Thomas' debut solo album. While I actually like his first single, "Lonely No More", I thought the commercial was pretty tacky. It was listing all these impressive stats about #1 hits, award nominations, so-many-millions-of-albums-sold...with a small note that those were for the albums by his group, Matchbox 20. You know, Rob, if you want to go solo for a while, good for you...but do you have to rely on the accomplishments of your band to sell your solo records?

...and finally, I have to admit that I am addicted to a recent CD purchase. In Florida, I saw the Cirque du Soleil show, La Nouba, and liked the music enough that I bought the soundtrack in the gift shop after the show. I can't stop listening to it! Since I got home from Florida two weeks ago, I have played it more times than I can count. I don't get it...the music is good, but is it that good? Who knows...at least it helps my brain work better.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: nothing (in between books)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that Bowling for Soup song. It's my favorite. I nearly cry every time I hear it. Isn't that awful? I miss home so badly. But I totally love that song. I'm glad you hear it and liked it. Hooray!

Popular Posts