Eight years and counting...

Yesterday was so hectic and busy that I completely forgot what day it was...my Phi Sigma Pi birthday! It was eight years ago yesterday that I was inducted into the organization that now lies so near and dear to my heart, and I will proudly say that was a great day in my life. Now I don't think I realized the significance of the day back then...I was just relieved to have made it through the initiation program. (I was not quite the outstanding initiate...the phrase "losing my pin" comes to mind.)

But now, eight years later, I can look back and say that some of my best friends, some of my favorite experiences, and some of my best (and worst) moments have stemmed from my decision to attend that information session in the Hawks' Nest on behalf of all my suitemates. They may have passed on the opportunity, but I am ever-grateful I chose to pursue it, as I would certainly not be the person I am today were it not for PSP.

So cheers to me, and happy eighth birthday!

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons by Lorna Landvik

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats! Congrats! Happy 8th Birthday! Wow, I totally didn't know you were a year older than me...in brother years. I turned 7 in February. Lord, we're getting so old! But Happy 8th Brother Birthday!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday! I'd have to think really hard to come up with the exact date of mine--but I'm turning 5 this spring :-) ~Baxter
Anonymous said…
Ditto: Happy 8th Birthday! I turned 7 in PSP years this year too... in late March... I think it's like the 23rd or something. Somewhere around here I have that membership card ('cause I save every darn thing)

Popular Posts