Chick flick alert!

I am a big fan of Nicholas Sparks books! Call me a hopeless romantic, but I adore his stories. However, I’ve never been impressed with the film adaptations. Message in a Bottle would have been good, but I was disappointed by the change in cities…why would you replace Boston with Chicago?! And Walk to Remember was just bad…what were probably good intentions in changing the time period from the 50’s to the present didn’t work. (Yes, I am one of those people who believes that film adaptations should be as closely aligned with the book as possible.) But yesterday afternoon, when I stopped by Blockbuster to pick up a movie, I decided to take a chance on The Notebook, which had actually looked pretty decent in previews.

And you know what? I liked it. I wouldn’t consider it an all-time great movie, but they certainly did a fantastic job of following the novel. As I was watching it, I felt like I could have followed along in the book, which made me happy. So kudos to Nick Casavetes (sp?) for creating an outstanding adaptation of a Nicholas Sparks book!

Where I am: home (for one more day)

Comments

Popular Posts