Delicious Valentine's dinner!

Because I will be in Louisiana on Valentine's Day (thus keeping with our tradition of abnormal Valentine's Days), Steven treated me to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack tonight, and it was delicious! I ordered something I had never had there, the Jumbo Bayou Shrimp dinner (I must have been preparing for that trip to LA), and I can't believe I've never ordered it before! I thought it was going to be a plate type of meal, but it ended up being this bowl of shrimp, "parsley potatoes" (red potatoes with a parsley marinade) and corn on the cob, all steeped in a Cajun-spicy broth, with a chunk of French bread on the side to soak up all those juices.

The word yummy hardly describes it. The corn was the very definition of sweet corn...the potatoes were soft and tasty...and the shrimp were perfect. So the next time you're at Joe's Crab Shack, order the Jumbo Bayou Shrimp. Your taste buds will thank you.

Where I am: Home Sweet Home

Comments

Popular Posts