HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I know I've been slow to post updates on the rest of my vacation, but it's the result of two factors: laziness, and a blissed state of relaxed that encouraged doing lots of nothing, and that doesn't make for a very interesting read. =) But if you absolutely have to know what days 3 through 8 of my vacation entailed, here's a summary for you: lots of scrapbooking, lots of movie-watching, some shopping (mostly to exchange gifts), some exercise (I wasn't a total bum!), and plenty of sprawling on the couch with some good books. What kinds of good books, you ask? Allow me to share...

For anyone whose New Year's resolutions include eating more healthily, I highly recommend reading Eric Schlossberger's Fast Food Nation; if it has the same effect on you as it had on me, you will be pretty eager to avoid as much fast food as you can. As yummy as those McDonald's fries and cheeseburgers can be, especially in a hurry, I'm pretty sure I'll be avoiding them for a while.

Having missed the Valley of the Dolls phenomenon for generational reasons, I decided to see what all the hype had been about. While most of the storyline seems like standard fare for today's tabloids, I can see why this was considered a shocking or scandalous novel when it was published back in the day. An entertaining read, but nothing I feel inclined to add to my library.

Finally, in my gift-exchanging at Barnes and Noble, I scored Dean Koontz's new read, Life Expectancy, and it rates two thumbs way up! Although some of the action is a little predictable, my favorite author continues his trend of great stories, and with a theme I really appreciated: enjoy each day as it comes, and always look for the humor in a situation (because no matter how deeply it's hidden, it is there!). I love having this book in my permanent library!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve, and again, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here's praying that 2005 be a year of many blessings and joyful memories, and may the difficulties that inevitably arise teach us strength and grace!


Comments

Popular Posts