this week was good because of...


...the first pineapple upside-down cake that I've ever made (and my staff member loved it!).

...being back on a somewhat-normal schedule.


...Gru wanting to snuggle a lot with me and with Wildcat Guy since I've been home from my conference.


...imported king cakes for our campus Christian center's Mardi Gras celebration.


...the Valentine's Day red velvet cupcakes I made to thank my staff for all their "heart" work.


...my love's help with the frosting and sprinkles.

...appreciation for a staff that has kept things going smoothly over the past few weeks, which made my crazy schedule a little bit less stressful, knowing I could have confidence in their abilities.


...the birthday cake I made for Wildcat Guy.


...the king cakes I made for my office and my student staff.

...spending a lot of time this week baking - and enjoying every minute of it!

...this awesome snippet of the Mardi Gras experience.


...using Wednesday's leftover guacamole on Thursday's tuna sandwich.

...an easy, delicious alternative to store-bought taco seasoning.

...the time to be in the kitchen again.


...picking fabrics for the new furniture in our new residence hall.

...a fun movie - complete with a beautiful song.


...Gru receiving his very own Valentine from one of my students.


...an enormous bowl of veggies (and cheese and egg) for dinner.

...a middle-of-the-week comp day that was much needed and that helped me feel a little more caught up in the personal side of life.

...the lovely soft purple "Dutch Ya Just Love OPI?" on my toes.


...letting myself take the time to solve this riddle that I came across on Pinterest (even if it's not written by Einstein, it's still fun to solve).


...celebrating Valentine's Day with my love in a personal, low-key way.


...saying thank-you with a kiss.

...mornings waking up next to him.


...seeing the latest Nicholas Sparks adaptation with some girlfriends. (It was better than I expected!)

...realistic expectations and finding the balance between disappointment and acceptance.


...a chocolate chip cookie sundae for dessert at our Valentine's Day dinner.

...hearing him sing "Amazing Grace" as we held hands at the end of the church this morning.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: nothing at the moment

Comments

Popular Posts