this week was good because of...


...the double bonus of supporting the Dining Out for Life campaign with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.

...having an honest heart-to-heart about family concerns that had come up (and recognizing the wisdom in taking some things at face value).

...a low-key, stay-at-home Friday evening that provided a soothing balance to the hecticness of the two previous nights.


...finding a lovely replacement for Pier One's discontinued buttercream vanilla candles.

...a practical application of my food photography habit! (i.e. a successful first meeting with our wedding caterer, made simpler by showing her some food pictures from weddings we've attended)


...big bowls of soup and buttery Pillsbury biscuits to keep me fed during my sick day.

...that sick day landing on my most flexible day, appointment-wise.

...those little - tiny, even - ways to continue paring down life and cleaning out cupboards.


...Gru taking a nap on my lap (my entire lower body?) while I worked on a grocery list.

...a 24/7 animal hospital nearby for a Saturday-evening visit.

...Wildcat Guy's desire to be an active helper when situations happen.


...the confusing pleasure of putting out Christmas decorations while the weather is mild enough to have the windows open.

...a ladies' night holiday event to support home businesses and a local philanthropy, hosted by the chiropractor's office (and complete with chair massages!).


...lovely door decor and holiday themes at Starbucks.

...getting the hang of good couponing. (Even if I don't use it all the time, I was pleased.)

...a fun email with an inside joke from a student studying abroad.


...chicken enchiladas that were very yummy.

...a much-needed lunch with a colleague friend that included lots of catching up, both professionally and personally.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm re-reading: Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert

Comments

Popular Posts