this week was good because of...


...beautiful cupcakes from a bakery I just found down the street.

...successfully avoiding the big-box store on Saturday by meeting all my shopping needs at some local shops.

...an awesome, well-written reminder and prompt about the importance of demonstrating respect for my partner.


...the opportunity to include Wildcat Guy in some of my work functions this past week, and the gratitude to work in a department where that's appropriate and (in some ways) appreciated.

...squeezing into the lounge chair with him so I could take a nap on his shoulder.


...chocolate avocado cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting - made vegan.

...finally (!) getting my truck back from the mechanic (and a generous offer from Mama Bear to help with the expenses).

...an inspirational, heart-warming reflection that I needed to read at the beginning of a long week.


...a lovely banquet dinner to celebrate a successful week of staff training.

...focus and self-care that enabled me to find a good balance between getting tasks accomplished and not wearing myself down too much.


...an amazing Book of Monsters cake that was the perfect dessert for our Harry Potter-themed week of training.

...hearing a beautiful metaphor that compared how the sun reflects off the moon with how God's light shines through me.


...making dinners for my staff - and making the effort to serve foods well, too.

...staff members who are going above and beyond my expectations for them to do well and try their best to be successful.


...little bits of rearranging and redecorating that mix practicality with visual appeal.

...welcoming students back to campus - even if life at home is once again scored with a soundtrack of footsteps, bumps and echoing voices from the students living in my buildings.


...leftovers.  Lots and lots of leftovers.  This plate alone represents leftovers from three different meals - and I'll still be eating leftovers for the next couple of days. (That's a "yay for not cooking" moment, not a complaint.)

...better understanding some interpersonal dynamics unfolding within my office.

...the strange lightbulb moment when I realized that healthy personal friendships with colleagues don't have to create awkward dynamics in our professional relationships...and the oddly-calming effect that had on tensions I'd been feeling internally.

...this neat Google doodle celebrating Julia Child's 100th birthday.

...time to watch TV without stressing that I'm losing time.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the July issue of W magazine

Comments

Popular Posts