this week was good because of...

...my airplane landing in North Carolina.

...having a few days to relax and spend time with dear friends whom I hadn't seen in too long!

...Starbucks and free wireless at CLT.

...enjoying "girls' time" in a way that I don't get to at home.

...a great new wearable craft idea.

...playing with these two adorable little girls.

...doing my best to in not one, but two workouts with Catt and her neighbor (both of whom are rock stars in the workout department).

...trying out a local crepes restaurant with Catt.

...conversations with initiates from our Chapter.

...a beautiful and thoughtful video about gratitude.

...visiting campus (and being amazed by all the construction going on).

...wonderful mild, mostly-sunny weather on the coast.

...the news of a crazy-sounding, but super-fun innovation in cupcake marketing.

...Catt's home cooking - like this delicious country club chicken.

...having someone to talk cooking and baking with.

...silly antics during an evening at the Creek.

...the opportunity to visit with Granny and Granddaddy.

...a thoughtful and practical reflection about happiness.

...sushi and gyoza for lunch.

...checking out a new venue possibility for our wedding.

...the amusement on Wildcat Guy's face as he demanded the return of his phone so I would stop getting frustrated by the totally incorrect directions the GPS feature was giving us.

...wearing the beautiful scarf that Mom made for me.

...compliments from Wildcat Guy on my outfit.

...the first preview for a movie I'm very much looking forward to.

...the ridiculous way that Gru chooses the one pile of laundry where his fur will be most visible. (Thankfully, this was the dirty laundry.)

...getting everything on my list of "things to do at home this evening" done - on both Monday and Tuesday!

...tasty French onion soup in a handmade pottery bowl at the campus Empty Bowls event.

...Wildcat Guy understanding that spending time editing and sharing photos is important to me.

...watching Gru sitting in the open window (in early March!) and chattering about the squirrel in the back yard.

...the awesome campus talent show.

...catching up with a student and being so proud of her commitment and success.

What made your week good?

Where I am: North Carolina!
What I'm reading: just finished the March 2012 issue of Smithsonian magazine

Comments

Catt Larson said…
One of my favorite posts in a long time! It was so lovely to have you here for a few days. I can't believe we don't have a summer plan yet but we will make one!

Popular Posts