this week was good because of...



...an intense and rewarding professional development opportunity.

...learning, learning and more learning - from pillars of the profession and from colleagues across the country.

...getting up early (for me - 6:15 am) for five days, while still getting a good night's sleep every night.

...the realization that I can enact change - if not in my office, then at the very least, in myself and my approach to the work I do.

...staying well-hydrated and being mindful of my non-water intake. (Because, oh right - that makes a difference in a heat wave.)



...relaxing (okay, being lazy) on the couch with Gru on Saturday.

...the peaceful satisfaction of putting little things in order around the house.

...an interesting TV movie-version film of a good book.

...his hug when I returned from a six-day business trip.

...a fun tweak of a favorite marketing concept.



...seared beef salad - with creamy blue cheese and soy-ginger vinaigrette.

...exploring the local spots in Louisville....

...which included a favorite BBQ place that had since relocated to just blocks away from the hall I was staying in. That's called, "meant to be."

...laughing at bad pick-up lines and exchanging lovely relationship stories on girls' evenings out.

...a lovely, meaningful song.

...preparing for a fun scrapbooking project.



...a fun Google tribute to Mendel.

...the equally-entertaining sequel.

...managing to edit my North Carolina photos from 627 to 333.

...more wedding ideas.

...talking about our plans for the coming week...after sharing a delicious slice of chocolate cake.

...this quote from an interview with Zooey Deschanel: "Most people spend too much time comparing themselves to others. Get to know yourself a little bit better. Stop and ask yourself a few questions, and think about you."

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone

Comments

Popular Posts